Events

Monday, July 13, 2009

No. 85. Baggot Street Bridge

One day, when we were all taken by surprise by the sudden appearance of summer, I curtailed my inspection of public buildings and turned my attention to Dublin's waterways. I strolled down to the canal lock by Baggot Street bridge to sit with Kavanagh and view beauty at it's lunch. The sun was high, the colours vivid and the whole scene shimmered and radiated warmth and I fleetingly caught that mood, unique to youth and all its possibilities.

I stood on the lock gates that span the canal and looked eastward to watch the canal as she turned the bend and imagined that I was in Delft.

This painting is in oils on stretched canvas: 16" x 20". Costs €750 including frame [postage, packing included for customers in Ireland].


Framing [IRL only]




No comments: