Events

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

No. 46. Abstract 'Sunspot"


Playing with paint again. This is the fun stuff -just as rewarding as the more formal still lifes. Full of 'happy accidents' -I have no clear idea of how these will turn out and the only hint to tell me that a piece might be finished is instinct. I love the bright colours even though they've been subdued by glazes of burnt umber. Texture is another dimension -paint applied thickly over not-quite-dry colour forms cracks and fissures. A holiday from real life...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your work. Glad you posted to the CP forums and I found your blog.

Kevo said...

Thanks Nan. At last somebody has found me! I've sold one item from my Cafepress shop in a year -and that was because the person knew me anyway. How's it been going for you?