Events

Thursday, September 04, 2008

No. 14. Pears in Conference

I grabbed three pears from my wife's central stores and made off with them for a couple of hours as a subject for this still life. I laid quite a lot of paint down with this one which is relatively unusual for me and my usual miserly approach to using paint.

I've been taking long looks at Carole Marine's marvellous blog of daily paintings, especially her set up which she has generously explained in a couple of posts.


This set up is excellent for controlling light [and for adding a touch of sunshine which we so seldom get in this country!]. According to Carole, her husband cleverly contrived a frame by using electrician's ducting, which is both rigid and light. Perfect for moving around the studio or even collapsing to store. So, well done Mr Marine!

No comments: