Events

Thursday, September 25, 2008

No. 22. Bottle and Unnamed Flower

SOLD
I've been meaning to paint this bottle for a while, since it was lying around the house. The trouble was, I had restricted myself to the one format for all my daily studies. This was really to make things easier for framing or sending to buyers. I went out to the garage and found a piece of particle board and coated it with gesso, and voilĂ !


I had to work quickly on this one as this flower seemed to start wilting as soon as I picked it in the front garden. Probably a good thing - give myself a time limit and try to express the subject as simply as possible. Anyway, I did the minimum of blending in this one, and I let some of the burnt umber ground show through...


By the way, if you know what this flower is, do let me know!


Oils Still Life Study on wood panel. 7" x 5". Buy on Etsy.



No comments: